Introduction to Laptop Chips
1.Common Symptoms of a Failing Laptop Chip
- Blank display
- Blue screen of death (BSOD)
- Failed expansion slots
- Damaged memory module
- Error code display
- Improper installed components, like RAM
- Multiple system reboots
- Frequent power issues
- Automatic system turn off
- Locked system
- General wear
- Short circuit
- Beep alerts etc.
Apart from that, electrical spikes, overheating, physical damage, manufacturing defects, could be the reason for the failed laptop chip as well.
2.How to Diagnose a Faulty Laptop Chip
There are many kinds of tests one can perform to diagnose a faulty laptop chip.
- Step-1: Firstly, observe the chip. Whether it’s broken, burnt or corrosion, etc.
Then, one can go with the finger test. In this, connect and apply the voltage to the IC or chip. And hold it with your finger for about 10-12 seconds. If you aren’t able to hold it more than that, then your IC could be in good condition. And if it gets heated up extremely faster than usual, then it could be damaged.
If one feel the chip is damaged, then perform the test below to get sure.
- Step-2: Measure the resistance value of your chip through a multimeter.
- Step-3: Compare it with a normal working chip.
3.Tips for Maintaining and Extending the Life of Your Laptop Chips
Laptop Chips are the critical part of any hardware, including laptops. By maintaining the chip properly, one can extend the life of their chip as well as hardware.
Here are some ways to maintain your laptop chips:
- Don’t let your laptop overheat.
- Keep the chip away from moisture and dirt particles.
- Don’t let the voltage supply fluctuate too often. It can damage the chips and laptop.
- Use surge protectors to maintain quality power supply.
- Use compatible components only.
- Keep away the moisture.
- Clean your motherboard and CPU regularly.
- Clean the ventilation outlets timely.
- Cover your laptop with microfiber cloth, when not in use. To keep away the dust particles.
- Handle with care.
With proper maintenance, one can increase the life of their laptop and its chip too.
4.When to Replace Your Laptop Chips
If your laptop is new or in a good condition, then despite buying a new laptop, one can change the faulty chip component. Suppose if your motherboard chip is damaged, then buying a motherboard is enough. It will be more budget-friendly, too.
Here are some conditions indicating to change your laptop chips:
- After physical damage like spilled water etc. to that component
- For better graphics
- Faster Operations and response
- Need more RAM
5.How to Replace Laptop Chips
6.Laptop Chip Repair: Is it Worth It?
7.Professional Laptop Chip Repair Services
Laptop chip level repairing isn’t generally possible. Mostly, one needs to buy a new component for that. But, before that, consulting a professional for laptop chip level repairing is a must. Only professional technicians like Shanti Laptops professionals can handle such critical cases. Even they provide laptop chip level repairing at only 1800 INR onwards. They not only provide free consultation but also warranty after service. That means, if one encounters any laptop issue within the warranty period, they will get the best services for free. From small chips to Apple laptop repair, they can repair it all. Their 4.5-star Google ratings witness their 10+ years hard work and experience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The technique of repairing or replacing SMD components is known as laptop chip level repairing.
Chipsets make integrated circuits which are responsible for communication between all parts and components of the laptop. Like CPU, motherboard, storage etc.
Not really. Most of the laptops have in-built chipsets. That’s why it cannot be replaceable.
Prominently, there are two kinds of chipsets in laptops, called Northbridge and Southbridge.
The most affordable cost of laptop chip level repairing by Shanti Laptops is 1800 INR onwards.